Monday, April 7, 2014

Favorite Monday Meal...And yes, these are served EVERY Monday in my house!

This has got to be my favorite, comfort-y food dinner.  I have always loved pork chops, and when I had to replace my mom's flour-filled herb and garlic pork chops for something a little more lifestyle-friendly, I was devastated.  Enter Martha Stewart's (yes, I said Martha) Apple & Onion Pork Chops.  I know what you're thinking...Martha Stewart?!  Traditionally, Martha's recipes are tedious, with strange, expensive, not-sold-in-grocery-stores spices, and hand-whipped creams, but NOT THESE BABIES!  This recipe is so, so simple.  I have made some adjustments based on Paleo specs, like using chicken broth instead of beer, and using bacon grease instead of butter (and yes, sometimes I splurge and use grass-fed butter), but no matter what modifications I make, these ALWAYS turn out delicious (even the next day for lunch), and NEVER disappoint!  I always use my Lodge cast iron skillet for a really good sear, and always opt for bone-in chops.  Make these TONIGHT and let me know what you think!

Pork Chops with Apples and Onions
Healthy.  Happy.  Hashi's.

No comments:

Post a Comment